Many elderly and disabled people find it inconvenient to move around, and the bathroom is damp and prone to slipping, leading to many safety accidents. The invention of accessible handrails makes it more convenient for people with disabilities and the elderly to use them, and the excellent design allows users to instantly experience humanistic care. In fact, accessible handrails, also known as safety grab bars or safety handrails. So, does Jinan accessible handrails need to be used in the design of nursing homes? How to use it? Let's take a look at the relevant knowledge now.
Requirements for size specifications of handrails
1. The height of the barrier free single layer handrail should be 850mm-900mm, the height of the upper layer handrail of the barrier free double layer handrail should be 850mm-900mm, and the height of the lower layer handrail should be 650mm-700mm;
2. The accessible handrails should remain continuous, and the starting and ending points of the accessible handrails against the wall should extend horizontally for a length of no less than 300mm;
3. The end of the accessible handrail should turn inward to the wall or extend downwards by no less than 100mm;
4. The distance between the inner side of the accessible handrail and the wall surface shall not be less than 40mm;
5. The barrier free handrail is circular and easy to grip, with a diameter of 35mm.
Installation Specification for Toilet Handrails
1. Safety grab bars should be installed 50mm from both sides and front edge of the washbasin;
2. Safety grab bars with a width of 0.60-0.70m and a height of 1.20m should be installed on both sides and above the urinal;
3. The height of the toilet should be 0.45m, and a horizontal grab bar with a height of 0.70m should be installed on both sides. A vertical grab bar with a height of 1.40m should be installed on one side of the wall;
4. The diameter of the accessible handrail should be 30-40mm;
5. The inner side of the accessible handrail should be 40mm away from the wall;
6. The grab bar should be installed firmly.
Precautions for toilet handrails
The armrest installed next to the toilet mainly meets the needs of people who can easily reach it. Based on the normal human body, if the height of the toilet is about 40 centimeters, the height of the armrest should be between 50 centimeters and 60 centimeters. The height suitable for disabled and elderly people is generally between 65 centimeters and 80 centimeters.
When using a bathtub for bathing, it is inevitable that sometimes the bathtub water will overflow onto the ground, causing the ground to be damp. The bathroom tiles are slippery when stained with water, making it difficult for young people to ensure that they do not fall, let alone the elderly, weak, sick, and disabled, which can easily cause accidents such as slipping. Therefore, installing a handrail in a convenient place in the bathtub can prevent falls and facilitate their emergency response in the event of a situation. There is no absolute standard for the height of accessible handrails installed in bathrooms. It is recommended to choose specific locations and heights according to the needs of family members, and the installation of bathtub orientation is more suitable.
If there is no bathtub and only a shower room for families, it is recommended to install stainless steel barrier free handrails on the side of the shower head. Although the bathroom floor is generally treated with anti slip treatment, installing handrails can double the sense of security for family members. If conditions permit, a seat with a suitable height should be set next to it to double the sense of security.
Material of handrail
Manufacturing materials such as stainless steel metal, plastic, or wooden handrails must comply with safety and quality design requirements in terms of structural performance, appearance quality, various components, connections, welding, and screws, regardless of which material is used.
The production of plastic steel composite handrails is equally important in terms of material requirements, with materials such as nylon and ABS being the majority; The more obvious colors have a higher visual appearance; Using stainless steel as internal components to enhance safety and firmness; When installing, a reasonable location should be selected, and the wall should be checked for solid bricks and expansion screws should be installed.
The application of a straight shaped handrail is relatively flexible and extensive, with multiple specifications available according to needs, occupying less space, and can be installed in combination according to actual situations, suitable for many places.
That's all for introducing the relevant knowledge about accessible handrails. In summary, the bathroom is a frequently used and accident prone area in the home, and preventive measures must be taken. For more relevant knowledge, please continue to follow our website http://www.jnndjc.com In the future, we will present more exciting content for everyone.