Barrier free armrest is to help the elderly or frail people (including friends with disabilities) in action or safety, through the use of barrier free armrest to achieve normal activities, self-care and accessibility. Do you know the installation and types of barrier free handrails? Today, Ningda Xiaobian takes you to know:
1. The barrier free handrail should be as consistent as possible when installing, so as to facilitate the elderly to use at any time.
2. The most important thing to pay attention to when installing the barrier free armrest is the installation height. In general, the installation height of the handrail is between 85CM and 90cm, and the distance between the inner side of the handrail and the wall should be 4cm to 5cm.
3. Safety and stability: the installation of handrail also has specific requirements on the wall, such as concrete, light concrete, solid brick, natural dense stone, reinforced wall and other load-bearing walls can be directly installed. Porous brick, lime sand brick, thin hollow wall, single board wall and other walls need reinforcement and installation; gypsum wall can not be installed. After the installation of all the handrails, it is suggested that we should go up and test the load-bearing to ensure the safety of the elderly.
4. The installation of barrier free armrest needs to consider the skid resistance of the armrest itself, so that the elderly can grip it better.
5. Safety grab bars should be set on both sides and 5cm of the front edge of the armrest of the washstand.
6. The height of the toilet is 45cm, and a horizontal grab bar with a height of 70cm should be set on both sides.
7. The barrier free handrail should be round and easy to grasp by the elderly, and the diameter should be between 3cm and 4cm.
Straight armrest, L-shaped armrest: it is mainly installed in the bathroom or bathroom, as the handle used by the elderly to maintain body balance or support the body. The utility model can effectively prevent the elderly and children from falling and sliding on the wet ground, and can also be used for auxiliary use beside the toilet.
Toilet armrest: it is mainly installed on both sides of the toilet to assist the elderly in sitting up and body balance. According to the actual space planning of the toilet, U-shaped floor armrest, T-type floor armrest and up turning armrest can be selected. If the toilet space is small, it is recommended to use the up turning handrail to help effectively save the space occupied by the toilet.
Washstand armrest: it is mainly installed on both sides of the toilet washstand to assist the elderly to wash safely. When purchasing this kind of armrest, it is generally required to customize according to the specific size of the washstand to ensure the convenience and comfort of the elderly.
Corridor handrail: it is widely used in stairs, corridors and aisles to assist the weak, the elderly and the patients. It is easy to walk, ensure safety and protect the wall from impact.
The above is the main content of Ningda editor today. If you have any questions, please click the following link: https://www.jnndjc.com/ Come to consult.